How to Make A Funny Birthday Video
Want to treat someone special to an unforgettable birthday gift? Create a funny birthday video with heartfelt and hilarious best wishes from friends and family! Let’s take a look at different ways to make funny birthday videos and how to send funny birthday cards online to really make someone’s day.
Get out your Halloween costumes or dress up as the birthday honoree’s favorite sports star, celebrity, actor, or musician, then record yourself delivering your birthday greetings exactly as your character would! The recipient will be surprised to see all of these characters come to life in the final video and will love to hear so many creative birthday wishes. Tip: If a costume makes it difficult to tell who is actually sending the birthday wishes, add a caption to the video clip that lets the recipient know who the masked stranger is!
Funny Birthday Wishes & Jokes
Who doesn’t love awful dad jokes and hilariously bad puns? Have each video participant come up with a joke or funny birthday wish that the honoree will love. Here are a few ideas to help get you started!
Birthday Jokes & Puns
- How do pickles celebrate their birthdays? They relish them!
- What is it about birthdays that make kangaroos unhappy? They only get to celebrate them in leap years.
- What did the cheese say to the other cheese on its birthday? You feta have a gouda birthday.
- What do you get a hunter for his birthday? A birthday pheasant.
- What does a clam do on his birthday? He shellabrates!
Funny Birthday Wishes for Anyone
- Forget about the past you can’t change, the future you can’t predict, and definitely forget about the present because I didn’t get you one. Happy Birthday!
- I regret to inform you that your childhood has expired. Happy Birthday!
- Happy Birthday! I hope you celebrate this birthday the way you celebrated the first one: naked and screaming.
- Older? Definitely. Wiser? That’s debatable. Happy Birthday!
- Happy Birthday! You’re not getting older, you’re just getting a little closer to death!
Funny Birthday Wishes for Best Friends
- Here's to another year of laughing until it hurts, dealing with stupid people, and keeping each other moderately sane. Happy Birthday, bestie!
- I am so glad that despite the massive age difference, we have somehow managed to make our friendship work. Happy Birthday, my old friend.
- I always knew we’d be friends till we were old and gray, but I didn’t realize the old and gray part would come so soon. Happy Birthday!
- This birthday, I wanted to give you something that was smart and funny, but then I realized you already have me as a friend.
- The Good News: we’ve been friends for all these years. The Bad News: it’s been a lot of years. Happy Birthday!
Funny Birthday Wishes for Spouses, Girlfriends, & Boyfriends
- You are the smartest man I know with a taste for the finer things in life. I know this because you chose me as a wife. Happy Birthday!
- Happy Birthday to my wife. At least you’re not as old as you will be next year.
- Happy Birthday to the love of my life and biggest pain in the butt.
- I’m so glad that we’ll grow old together. Especially since you’ll always have a head start. Happy Birthday!
- Happy Birthday! I love you more than as much as I love chocolate, ice cream, and wine!
Funny Birthday Wishes for Brothers & Sisters
- Being related to me is really the only gift you need. Happy Birthday!
- Happy Birthday to Mom and Dad’s second favorite kid!
- Happy Birthday to a sibling who is smart, funny, witty, charming... and reminds me a lot of myself!
- I smile because you’re my sibling. I laugh because there’s nothing you can do about it. Happy Birthday!
- Happy Birthday! Thank you for always being older than me.
If the recipient has a decent sense of humor and can take a bit of ribbing, there’s nothing quite like a good, old-fashioned roast. Have each participant make lighthearted fun of the recipient with good-natured jokes, funny anecdotes, and hilarious “remember when” stories from over the years. If you’d like to mirror a real roast, designate an MC or “roastmaster” who can record themselves introducing each person and video clip.
Funny Happy Birthday Songs
Have everyone sing one line from a birthday related song or make up your own song! Rewrite the lyrics to the birthday honoree’s favorite song to describe how they’re getting better with age and wish them a happy birthday. Here are a few funny happy birthday songs that you can tweak and personalize for the recipient:
- “In da Club” - 50 Cent
- “Happy Birthday” - Arrogant Worms
- “Happy Birthday” - Weird Al Yankovic
- “Hip-Hop Happy Birthday” - Jack Hartmann
- “Happy Birthday (You’re Getting Old)” - The Birthday Band for Old People
Happy Birthday: Funny Quotes
Sometimes it’s best to leave humor to the professionals. If you can’t think of anything funny to say in your video, there’s no shame in borrowing someone else’s witty words! With this in mind, here are a few funny happy birthday quotes from comedians, poets, novelists and other famous figures that will help make your video fabulously funny.
- “A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman’s birthday but never remembers her age.” – Robert Frost
- “To me – old age is always ten years older than I am.” – Bernard Baruch
- “Birthdays are nature’s way of telling us to eat more cake.” – Edward Morykwas
- “Growing old is like being increasingly penalized for a crime you have not committed.” – Anthony Powell
- “Just remember, once you’re over the hill you begin to pick up speed.” – Charles Schulz
- “You know you’re getting old when the candles cost more than the cake.” – Bob Hope
- “Inside every older person is a younger person — wondering what the hell happened.” – Cora Harvey Armstrong
- “Life is a moderately good play with a badly written third act.” – Truman Capote
- Time and Tide wait for no man, but time always stands still for a woman of thirty. – Robert Frost
- Wisdom doesn’t necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself. – Tom Wilson
- For all the advances in medicine, there is still no cure for the common birthday. – John Glenn
Funny Birthday Cards
Last but not least, be sure to send a thoughtful digital greeting card to the honoree on their special day. Funny birthday cards you can send online let you craft a personalized message, include a short video message, and add a digital gift card for an extra birthday surprise. Best of all, you can schedule the card to be delivered in advance or send it the day of!
Give the best birthday gift this year: the gift of laughter! Use these ideas to create a memorable and funny birthday video that the recipient will cherish for years to come and make their day complete with funny birthday cards sent right to their inbox!