Graduations are important life milestones that deserve recognition and celebration. If your student is about to graduate and embark on a new journey, mark this momentous occasion with words of wisdom, support, and congrats from loved ones. Memento’s graduation video maker lets users easily gather inspirational messages and combine them to make a memorable graduation slideshow and personalized keepsake.
Let’s get started! Below are some tips and ideas for a heartfelt graduation video along with college and high school graduation wishes for friends and family to include in your video.
Graduation Video Ideas
Here are a few ideas to get family, friends, teachers, school admins, and the grads themselves involved in a graduation video.
- Loved Ones. What better way to celebrate your grad than with heartfelt congrats, best wishes, and advice from family and friends? This is especially true if long-distance loved ones aren’t able to attend a graduation ceremony or party. Easily gather touching messages from your extended family and grad’s friends so that everyone can pay tribute and participate in this important celebration. To help participants with their graduation videos, provide prompts such as “What’s the best advice you’ve received that you’d like to pass on to the grad?” or “What traits or characteristics of the grad have helped them get where they are today?”
- Past Teachers. Take your grad back–WAY back–with congratulatory messages from their preschool, elementary, and middle school teachers. It might take some time to track everyone down, but it will all be worth it to see your grad’s face when they hear messages from these educators who helped shape them. Encourage teachers to share any sweet, funny, or favorite memories they have of your grad all those years ago and offer some words of wisdom for their former student.
- School Congrats. High school administrators and teachers accompany students on their journey to graduation, witness all their struggles and successes, and serve as their biggest cheerleaders. A graduation video with messages of congratulations and encouragement from these school leaders and educators is the perfect way for them to share their best wishes and celebrate everyone’s accomplishments. Email the final video to students on the last day of school or show it at a school assembly or graduation ceremony.
- Next Steps. What are everyone’s plans for after graduation? High school parents or school administrators can organize a group video where each student shares their next steps after graduation, whether they plan to work, enter the military, take a gap year, or go to college. Once everyone has submitted a video clip, create a graduation slideshow and share it with the students or play it at the school graduation ceremony for an exciting reveal of everyone’s next stage in life.
Graduation Video Tips
Make the best graduation video with these tips and ideas!
- Grad Plans. Not all video participants will be in the loop about your grad’s future plans. When you send the video project link to past teachers, family, or friends, be sure to share your son or daughter’s post-graduation plans so participants can tailor their congrats and best wishes accordingly.
- Ceremony Footage. Record clips from the graduation ceremony to incorporate into the final group video. Whether it’s your grad stepping on stage to get their diploma or everyone throwing their graduation caps in the air, these moments can add a special touch to your graduation video gift.
- School Photos. Take a trip down memory lane! Have video contributors share a favorite pic of the grad from their school days and reminisce about it. Photos from the first day of school, sports events, award ceremonies, proms, and other special occasions are all great options to share and look back on. Or convert your old 8MM video clips and add some special memories to your group video!
- School Colors. Select a color palette for your video’s background that matches the graduate’s school colors. Choose from a selection of available colors or enter a specific color's HTML code to customize the background of your graduation video.
- Viewing Options. If you plan to host a graduation party or celebratory dinner, surprise the grad by playing the video on a big screen. Connect your computer to your TV or Projection Screen using an HDMI cable, or use a SmartTV or Casting Device to play the group video on a big screen. The recipient will be so touched to hear heartfelt congrats and best wishes while surrounded by family and friends. Bonus: loved ones will get to witness the grad’s reaction firsthand!
Congratulations Graduation Messages
Not sure what to say in a graduation video? Check out these high school and college graduation wishes, quotes, and words of encouragement for inspiration!
- Happy Graduation Day! Congratulations on your well-deserved success.
- Your hard work has paid off and we are proud of you for making it this far. Cheers to your graduation!
- Congratulations! You did it just like we knew you would!
- “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” – Henry David Thoreau
- What a proud day! We couldn’t be happier for you!
- Congratulations on your graduation and best wishes for your next adventure!
- There's never been anything you couldn't do when you put your mind to it. Congratulations!
- “The best way to predict your future is to create it.” – Abraham Lincoln
- On your graduation day, we honor your journey and your destination. We are looking forward to seeing you embark on a new leg of your adventure!
- Prayers and blessings on your graduation and for your future.
- Never be afraid to follow your dreams. Remember, you’re the only person who can fulfill them. You’ve got this!
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, dream, discover.” – Mark Twain
- Sending warm congratulations and wishing you all the best at (college, job, etc.)!
- Continue to set the bar high and attempt to exceed expectations. Happy Graduation!
- You have such an exciting adventure ahead of you! Congratulations!
- It’s time to celebrate and relish this momentous occasion! Congratulations on charting your path to the future.
- Congratulations today and best wishes for all your tomorrows.
- “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Your graduation is only a glimpse of what lies ahead in your bright future. Wishing you the very best for the coming years.
Memento’s graduation video maker lets you create a personalized gift and precious keepsake that captures an important life milestone. Start your graduation video today to preserve these special moments and surprise your grad with the ultimate gift!