Group Video Ideas for Admin Professionals Day
Admin Professionals Day, celebrated on the Wednesday of the last full week of April, is the perfect time to recognize and thank the Admins in your life. Thoughtful Administrative Professionals Day gifts like group videos from coworkers and colleagues provide a meaningful way to let your Admin know how grateful you are for all that they do.
Let’s take a look at different ways you can use group videos to show your Admin how valued and appreciated they are.
1. Gather the Company
Collect "Thank you!" clips from employees and present the video to the Admin in a variety of ways. Once you’ve collected video clips from everyone and made the final video, write a thoughtful email and send it to the recipient with a link to the video. Alternatively, if you work in an office, call a company-wide “meeting” and play the video in the conference room as a surprise so everyone can see the recipient’s reaction. Remote companies can gather online and play the video through their video conferencing platform or share the video through their internal messaging platform.
2. One Word, One Message
Have each employee record one word to form a whole message of thanks! This idea will definitely take some coordination, but it’s a fun and unique way to have everyone contribute to a unified message. First, determine how many employees you have and craft a message with roughly the same number of words (some employees can contribute a word twice if the message is too long). Next, assign each employee a word to record. Once everyone has contributed their video clip, arrange the clips into the correct order for a one-of-a-kind tribute!
3. Get Specific
While a general expression of thanks is always appreciated, employees and colleagues can offer a much more meaningful message of gratitude if they’re specific. Ask each employee to recall a time where the Admin has helped them over the past year, have them describe exactly how the Admin makes their life easier or better, or have them imagine what their life would be like without the Admin!
4. Provide Prompts
Sometimes it’s hard to know how to say thank you. Provide employees with a list of questions and prompts like the ones below to help them create their video clips.
- What three things do you appreciate most about the recipient?
- What’s one thing the recipient does to help things run smoothly that others might not know about?
- If the recipient were a superhero, what would their name and special power be? Why?
- Describe a time when the recipient taught you something new.
- Describe a time when you saw the recipient commit an act of kindness. What was the impact of that act?
- Write a thank you poem to the recipient.
- Use the letters of the recipient’s first name to describe their traits or qualities (for example, ALEX: Awesome at budgeting; Laughs at my bad jokes; Easy to get along with; X-cellent juggler of all things).
Group videos make the perfect Administrative Professionals Day gifts because they offer personalized messages of gratitude from the recipient’s coworkers and managers. However you choose to say thank you, remember that your Admin will appreciate being recognized for their contributions and impact!