How to Say ‘I Miss You’
Whether someone has headed off to college, gone overseas for military service, or moved for a new job, it’s important to stay connected when you’re apart — but sometimes it can be difficult to find the right words or gift to express exactly how you feel.
Let’s take a look at different ways to say “I miss you” and a few “I miss you” gift ideas to help get you started.
Funny Ways to Say ‘I Miss You’
Stay connected to a loved one and lift their spirits with these funny ways to say “I miss you.”
- You must be pretty tired given that you’ve been running in my thoughts 24-7.
- I miss you like an idiot misses the point.
- ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRST VWXYZ. I think I missed something. Oh, it’s U!
- I’m not sure if I miss you or I miss insulting you.
- You’re so much fun to think of.
- Life sucks less with you by my side.
- Oh my god, I almost lit a candle in your memory.
Cute Ways to Say ‘I Miss You’
Put a smile one someone’s face with these cute ways to say “I miss you.”
- I miss you lots—like tater tots!
- Just the sight of you makes my tail wag in delight.
- I miss you more than peanut butter misses jelly.
- I miss you more than the ham misses the burger.
- I miss you more than an astronaut misses planet Earth.
Clever Ways to Say ‘I Miss You’
Sometimes musicians, authors, and other artists know exactly how to say “I miss you.” Check out these quotes for unique ways to let a loved one know you miss them.
- “I want to be with you. It’s as simple, and as complicated as that.” ―Charles Bukowski
- “No, I can’t close my eyes without you in my dreams.” —Luke Bryan
- “And I miss you like the deserts miss the rain.”— Everything But The Girl
- “Life is so short, so fast the lone hours fly, we ought to be together, you and I.” ―Henry Alford
- “I wonder how much of the day I spend just callin’ after you.” ―Harper Lee
- “If you miss me once in a while, then I’ll return to you. I’ll return and fill that space in your heart.” — Tracy Chapman
- “I have a late conversation with the moon, he tells me about the sun, and I tell him about you. ―S.L. Gray
‘I Miss You’ Gift Ideas
How do you tell someone you miss them without saying it? Through gifts, of course! After a loved one has moved and has had some time to settle in, send them a little something special to let them know they’re in your thoughts. Check out these gifts and ways to say “I miss you” without saying it.
Homemade goodies. Nothing says “home” like a favorite baked good. Whether it’s cookies, brownies, or muffins, sweets made with love are an easy and thoughtful way to cheer up someone who might be homesick and let them know that you’re thinking of them.
Personalized Gifts. Nowadays, you can put photos and messages on practically anything! Send your loved one a warm blanket, coffee mug, calendar, or puzzle with your favorite pictures, words of support, or funny, inside jokes only they’d understand. Not only will the recipient love the thoughtfulness behind a personalized gift, but they’ll also appreciate the time and effort you put into creating it!
Care package. Know someone who just went off to college? Send them a care package that includes instant coffee, mints, candy, and snacks they can munch on while they study. Someone who just moved to a new home might appreciate a package with candles and lotions in their favorite scents, a small succulent plant, and local candy or coffee from an old neighborhood joint. If you know someone overseas, send them non-perishables such as dried fruit, trail mix, packs of hot chocolate or powdered cider, fun socks, photos, or drawings from kids they cherish.
Missing You: Friend, Relative & Partner Gifts You Can Send Online
Another way to say “I miss you” is through gifts that you can send online. Check out these digital gift ideas for that special someone you miss in your life.
Greeting eCards. Bright and cheery Miss You eCards let a loved one know that you’re thinking of them. Pick your favorite card, personalize the message, and customize the font, colors, envelope liner and stamp. Include a digital gift card for an extra special surprise and text or email the eCard right from your phone! Looking for professional ways to say I miss you, farewell, or goodluck? Check out these Workplace eCards to send colleagues and former coworkers.
Group Video. Another thoughtful way to let someone special know they’re missed is through an online group video that offers support and love from friends and family. Simply ask loved ones to let the recipient know how much they’re missed in a short video clip and easily create a heartfelt group video you can share through email, text, and social media. The recipient will be surprised to see so many familiar faces and will love to hear messages from so many special people!
We all have someone in our life that we miss dearly. No matter who that person is, you can say “I miss you” in a meaningful way with these thoughtful gifts and ideas!