We all have different upbringings, different definitions of family, and very unique relationships. Maybe your Mother’s Day celebrations honor your Auntie, your Step-Momma, or your Mother-in-Law. To help get you prepared, we’ve come up with some Mother’s Day Wishes and heartfelt Mother’s Day Messages that you can share with that special Mom or Mother figure in your life!
Happy Mother’s Day, Mom!
She’ll forever be the first, most-important woman in your life. She’s always been there, and she’ll do anything for you. So how do you choose a Mother’s Day Gift or send Mother’s Day Messages that measure up to her greatness? First, I highly recommend that you make a Mother’s Day group video for her, starring all of her favorite people. It’s highly likely that she’ll cry happy tears!
Here are a couple more thoughtful ideas to go with her Mother's Day group video:
- Then and Now - Reproduce one of your favorite silly childhood pictures. If you have siblings, get them involved too. Dress in the matching outfits. Recreate the same poses. Make it as fun and similar as possible. Then, frame the old and the new photos for her to display side-by-side!
- Make her something she'll love. We love these suggestions for handmade, personalized gifts.
- Give your Mom a copy of the book that she read to you again and again, until she had it memorized. My favorite is Love You Forever.
Mother’s Day Gifts for Grandma
For some, Mother’s Day might be the perfect opportunity to send Mother’s Day Wishes to your Meemaw/Nan/Granny. My Grandma was the most loving, sweet, and generous woman you could ever meet. I’d give almost anything to have her back in my life and have one of her wonderful hugs.
Some moments can only be cured with a big squishy grandma hug! -----------Dan Pearce, Single Dad Laughing
When anyone in my family thinks about Grandma, we inevitably end up talking about her baking. I don’t know how many times I heard her say “the way to the heart is through the stomach”. So let’s flip the script!
Let’s take what we learned about love from Grandma, and give it back to her. Bake her something that you know you’re really great at. Your favorite cinnamon rolls, perhaps? Or those thick and chewy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Or maybe even those made-from-a-mix-where-you-just-add-water-because-it’s-the-thought-that-counts cupcakes.
Bake Grandma a gift. Wrap it in love. Deliver it to her with a giant hug. She’s going to love it - because it came from you and from something she taught you.
Mother’s Day Gifts for Your Wife
Here’s the best piece of advice that I can give you: when you’re choosing a gift for your wife, make it for HER, not for the house, the kids, or the family. For example, a new toaster to replace the one that doesn’t pop up anymore is not a cherished Mother’s Day gift! Think of something special that means something to her.
One idea that’ll keep on giving for months - plant her a garden! Get the kids involved, and if you can keep it a surprise while you work on it, even better. Plant a vegetable garden with all of her favorites that’ll grow into a plentiful harvest throughout the summer. Or fill the garden with her favorite flowers - a mixture of perennials that return year after year and annuals that’ll add bright, beautiful colors that bring joy every time she sees them.
Try to find something that she can enjoy long after you’ve presented her with her gift.
(Keep in mind, Father’s Day is just around the corner. I’m sure you’ll be rewarded with a gift that’s just as thoughtful!)
Happy Mother’s Day to your Daughter
There’s something so incredible about being a Grandma. Sure, there’s the fact that you get all of the enjoyment that children bring to your life, with very little of the work, but there is also so much pride in your children having children of their own and striving to raise them to become wonderful people. For Mother’s Day, here are some of the heartfelt Mother’s Day messages that you can gift to your daughter:
- If you haven’t already done so, give her a handwritten book of all of her favorite family recipes. Detail your method for making the perfect turkey stuffing. Give her the step-by-step instructions on your flaky pie crust. And make sure you include that “to-die-for” recipe that everyone in the family requests when you’re coming over. Flipping through my recipe book, I treasure the handwritten recipe for my Grandma’s famous biscuits, which is even more special because it is signed “Love, Gram!”
- Write out and frame the lyrics to the lullaby that you used to sing to your daughter. Chances are, she probably sings it to your grandbabies, but having it hanging on a wall in their bedroom in your handwriting is unbelievably precious.
Memento offers a Mother’s Day group video maker for whoever the Mom is on your celebration list! Package your heartfelt gift with a group video from all of the special people who adore her and it could be one of the most memorable Mother’s Day gifts, ever! Start now.