Video Gifts & Message Ideas for Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day is a day to let the special people in your life know exactly how you feel about them. What better way to do this than by sending them messages of love? A heartfelt group video is the perfect Valentine’s Day gift for a loved one.
Below you’ll find unique Valentine’s video gift ideas for a partner, teacher, friend, or grandparent, and Valentine’s quotes and messages to include in your video. Once you’ve completed your video, share it with the recipient via email, text, or social media. And don't forget: video gifts are not just for far-away friends and relatives. If you're able to get together with the recipient at a small gathering or party, consider projecting it on a big screen so that everyone can see the video and the recipient's reaction!
Let’s get started.
Significant Other Video & Message Ideas
Check out this sweet Valentine’s Day video idea for your partner; Valentine messages for boyfriends, husbands, girlfriends, and wives; and Valentine’s Day eCards for him & her.
Why I Love You Video
Let your partner know how much you love them and why with a “10 Reasons Why I Love You” video. First, make a list of the traits, qualities, or things your loved one does that you appreciate the most. Next, record different video clips that showcase everything on this list. Is your partner a great dad or puppy parent? Film them playing with your kids or pet. Do you love that they’re so thoughtful? Secretly capture footage of them taking out the trash without being asked to, clearing snow from your car, or any other nice gesture. Once you’ve recorded all the clips, tie them together with Memento for a thoughtful Valentine’s video your partner will love.
Valentine’s Day Quotes for Him
Include these heartfelt and funny Valentine quotes for him in your video or digital greeting card for an extra special touch.
- “And I’d choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I’d find you and I’d choose you.” –Kiersten White, 'The Chaos Of Stars'.
- “I love you more than coffee, but please don’t make me prove it.” –Elizabeth Evans.
- “You are the brightest star, and I’m in love with who you are.” –Between The Trees, 'White Lines & Red Lights'.
- “I married for love, but the obvious side benefit of having someone around to find my glasses cannot be ignored.” –Cameron Esposito.
- "For the two of us, home isn't a place. It is a person. And we are finally home." –Stephanie Perkins
- “Marriage is like vitamins: we supplement each other's minimum daily requirements.” –Kathy Mohnke.
- "For you see, each day I love you more, today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow." –Rosemonde Gerard
- “I love being married. It’s so great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.” –Rita Rudner.
Valentines Messages for Her
Let’s take a look at some funny and sweet Valentine messages for girlfriends and wives to include in your video or eCard!
- "You are my heart, my life, my one and only thought." –Arthur Conan Doyle.
- “Love is a lot like a backache: it doesn't show up on X-rays, but you know it's there.” –George Burns.
- “You could've had anyone in the world, but you chose me. Thank you.” –Anthony T. Hincks.
- “Love is a grave mental disease.” –Plato.
- “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” –Dr. Seuss.
- “Love can change a person the way a parent can change a baby — awkwardly, and often with a great deal of mess.” –Lemony Snicket
- "I look at every day with you as a gift." –Rip Wheeler, Yellowstone
- “Marriage is a lot like the army. Everyone complains, but you'd be surprised at the large number that re-enlists.” –James Garner
Grandparent Video & Message Ideas
Grandma and Grandpa deserve some Valentine’s Day love, too! Check out these video ideas and Valentine messages to include in your video or Valentine’s Day card for Grandma and Valentine's card for Grandpa.
Grandkid & Community Love Videos
Have grandkids and parents wish Grandma or Grandpa a Happy Valentine’s Day with a heartfelt group video. Kids can share what they love most about their grandparents, recite a poem, or sing a Valentine’s Day song.
It’s important to note that the recipient doesn’t have to be a relative! If you know an “honorary grandparent” or elderly person in your community who could use some love, have neighbors and local friends record video clips sharing their Valentine’s Day wishes and appreciation for this person. It’s sure to make their day!
Happy Valentine’s Day Messages
Sometimes kids (and adults!) need a little help with what to say to someone special on Valentine’s Day. Here are a few sweet and simple Valentine messages for your grandparent video.
- Wishing you lots of love and fun on this special day.
- Missing you and sending you a big Valentine hug!
- I’m so lucky to have you in my life. Happy Valentine’s Day!
- I hope you’re feeling really loved today. You are!
- Happy Valentine’s Day to a very special person!
- You are loved and appreciated. Happy Valentine’s Day.
Teacher Video & Message Ideas
Let’s not forget about teachers! Here are two sweet Valentine video ideas for teachers, cute Valentine sayings, and some online Valentine’s Day cards for teachers.
Art Gallery & ABC Love Videos
Parents can work together to have their kids draw pictures of what they love most about their teacher. Record a short video clip of each student showing off and explaining their masterpiece to their teacher, then combine the clips to create an art gallery of love!
Older students can show their appreciation for their teacher with an “ABC Love” video. Each student can be assigned one or two letters from the alphabet and brainstorm an adjective, trait, or anything else that describes their teacher using each letter (for example, “Answers silly questions, Believes in us, Creative, Dedicated...”). Students can display their phrase and record themselves reading the phrase to their teacher. The clips can easily be combined and arranged in alphabetical order for a truly unique and thoughtful group video.
Cute Valentine Sayings
Include these sweet Valentine’s Day messages from students in your video or eCard.
- Roses are red; Violets are blue; You’re a great teacher, and inspiring too!
- How sweet it is to be taught by you! Happy Valentine’s Day!
- Happy Valentine’s Day to a class act!
- Thanks for putting your heart into teaching! Happy Valentine’s Day!
- Happy Valentine’s Day! Thank you for being an “A+” teacher!
Friend Video & Message Ideas
It’s been said that good friends are hard to find. Take some time to honor and celebrate these important relationships this Valentine’s Day. Let’s take a look at a thoughtful Valentine’s video idea for long-distance friends, Valentine’s quotes for friends, and Valentine's Day cards for your gal pals and besties.
Far-away Friend Video
Know someone who’s away at college or boarding school? Or a military member serving overseas? Perhaps a relative just moved across the country for a new job. Whatever the reason for the long-distance relationship, let someone special know that they are missed and loved with sweet Valentine’s Day messages from family and friends. The recipient will be surprised and touched to see so many familiar faces from home!
Valentine’s Day Quotes for Friends
Here are some sweet and funny Valentine’s Day quotes for your best pals!
- “A friend is what the heart needs all the time.” –Henry Van Dyke
- “True friends are like diamonds – bright, beautiful, valuable, and always in style.” –Nicole Richie
- “Rare as is true love, true friendship is rarer.” –Jean de La Fontaine
- “Your best friend isn’t the person you call when you are in jail; mostly likely, she is sitting in the cell beside you.” –Irene S. Levine
- “The greatest gift of life is friendship, and I have received it.” –Hubert H. Humphrey
- “Sometimes me think, ‘What is friend?’ Then me say, ‘Friend is someone to share the last cookie with.’” –Cookie Monster
- “There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship.” –Thomas Aquinas
- “We will always be friends until we’re old and senile. Then we will be new friends.” –Unknown
We hope these Valentine’s quotes and video ideas will help you find the right words and the best gift to express your love this Valentine’s Day!