Video Gifts for Mom
Mother’s Day, which falls on the second Sunday of May, is a day to celebrate the moms in your life and let them know how much they mean to you. Do something special this year to honor and thank Mom with a group video that includes heartfelt Mother’s Day messages from her children, grandchildren, spouse, and other family and friends.
A group video not only captures sweet messages of Mother’s Day love, but also serves as a precious keepsake for Mom to look back on years down the road. Intrigued? Let’s take a look at four different ways to use group videos to make the perfect Mother’s Day gift.
1. Sweet Songs
Do you recall your mother singing you to sleep? Or making up silly songs with her when you were little? Music can evoke powerful emotions and fond memories and help us express feelings that we otherwise might not be able to express. With this in mind, consider creating a group video where each participant sings a few lines from Mom’s favorite song or change the lyrics to a much-loved tune and let Mom know how wonderful she is.
Alternatively, find a song about mothers that lets her know how important she is to you. Here are a few mom-themed songs to consider:
- "A Song For Mama" - Boys II Men
- “The Best Day” -Taylor Swift
- "Mother" - Kacey Musgraves
- “Mother Like Mine” - The Band Perry
- “Mom“ - Meghan Trainor
- “What Mama Say (Life Is Good)” - Jason Mraz
- “Mama” - Spice Girls
- “Thank You Mom” - Good Charlotte
- “The Perfect Fan” - Backstreet Boys
- “Mother” - Sugarland
- “Like My Mother Does” - Lauren Alaina
- “Mother” - Ashanti
2. Video Prompts: Why is Mom So Special?
If you’ve got the world’s best mom, tell her why she’s the best! What makes her so special? Be specific and include details about what you appreciate the most about her. Here are some prompts you can send to video participants to help get their creative juices flowing.
- What is your favorite thing about Mom?
- Describe a cherished Mom memory.
- What's the best advice Mom has given you?
- If Mom had a superpower, what would it be?
- Tell a story where Mom made you laugh.
- What about Mom inspires you?
- Read a poem that reminds you of Mom. Explain why you chose that poem.
- Try to list all of Mom’s job titles (Chauffeur, Nurse, Teacher, Cook, Household CEO).
- How has your relationship with Mom grown over the years?
- Why are you proud to be Mom’s child/grandchild/spouse/etc.?
3. Mother’s Day Quotes
How do you find the words to let Mom know how important she is to you? Borrow them from someone else! Below are quotes from authors, actors, poets, and others who have perfectly summed up motherhood in a sweet or funny way. Create a group video where each participant makes Mom laugh with a humorous Mother’s Day quote or lets Mom know how special she is with a heartfelt quote.
Funny Mother’s Day Quotes
- “Over the years I have learned that motherhood is much like an austere religious order, the joining of which obligates one to relinquish all claims to personal possessions.” -Nancy Stahl
- “Nothing is really lost until your mom can't find it.” -Unknown
- “It’s not easy being a mom. If it were easy, fathers would do it.” -Betty White
- “My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it.” -Mark Twain
- “If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?” -Milton Berle
- "The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found." -Calvin Trillin
- "A mother is a person who, seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie." -Tenneva Jordan
- “Mothers don't sleep. They just worry with their eyes closed.” -Unknown
Sweet Mother’s Day Quotes
- “All that I am, or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” -Abraham Lincoln
- “Mother is the heartbeat in the home; and without her, there seems to be no heart throb.” -Leroy Brownlow
- “My mother was my role model before I even knew what that word was.” -Lisa Leslie
- “I can imagine no heroism greater than motherhood.” -Lance Conrad
- “Motherhood is the biggest gamble in the world. It is the glorious life force. It’s huge and scary — it’s an act of infinite optimism.” -Gilda Radner
- “Mother's love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.” -Marion C. Garretty
- “Having kids — the responsibility of rearing good, kind, ethical, responsible human beings — is the biggest job anyone can embark on.” -Maria Shriver
- “There is no role in life that is more essential than that of motherhood.” -Elder M. Russell Ballard
4. Messages for the Mom-to-Be
Let’s not forget about those with a bun in the oven! A thoughtful way to let an expectant mother know that you’re thinking of them is to create a group video from family and friends that offers their congrats, words of encouragement, and best wishes for a wonderful Mother’s Day and a happy and healthy pregnancy. The mom-to-be will be touched to hear so many heartfelt Mother’s Day messages as she waits for her little one to arrive.
Whether you celebrate a mom, grandmother, mother-in-law, or mom-to-be, use these group video ideas for a truly unique and personal Mother's Day gift she'll never forget!